It has been a long felt necessity to align higher education with the emerging needs of the economy so as to ensure that the graduates of higher education system have adequate knowledge and skills for employment and entrepreneurship. The higher education system has to incorporate the requirements of various industries in its curriculum, in an innovative and flexible manner to produce holistic and well groomed graduates.
On these lines, the University Grants Commission (UGC) had launched a scheme on 27 February, 2014 for skills development based higher education as part of college/university education, leading to Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) degree with multiple entry and exit points.
The B.Voc. programme enables the graduates completing B.Voc to make a meaningful participation in accelerating India’s economy by gaining appropriate employment, becoming entrepreneurs and creating appropriate knowledge base.
Objectives of B.Voc. programme
- To provide judicious mix of skills and general education relating to the profession.
- To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that they are work ready at each exit point of the programme
- To provide flexibility to students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit points
- To enhance employability of the graduates and meet industry requirements
Courses offered under B.Voc.:
B.Voc. in Media and Entertainment:
- Desktop publishing
- Creative advertising
- Script writing
- Technical writing
- Television production
- Film journalism
- Radio production
- Media partners
- Placement opportunities
B.Voc. in Healthcare Technology :
- Industry partners
- Internship and placement
- 100% job placement
Apart from the main components the course also offers other subjects like
- Life skills
- Computer Application
For enabling the candidate to be more efficient and constructive.
- Entry and Exit
- Lateral entry
The course also offers lateral entry option where graduate drop-outs can take admission into any academic year of the course.
- Early exit
- Diploma, advanced diploma, Bachelors
If a student discontinues the course :
- After the completion of one year of the course, he shall receive a Diploma.
- After the completion of two years of the course, he shall receive an Advanced Diploma.
10+2 (PUC), Graduate drop-outs.
Rupees 10,000 will be charged as course fee for the programme.
Hostel facility for girls
Community College programme (One Year) UGC Approved.
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
- Diploma in Healthcare
The Course certificates will be awarded by the University of Mysore. We guarantee a 100% placement for the participants for the course. The course also offers a stipend for the students who are from poor economic background. Fee amount will be nominal.
Pass in PUC or 12th standard in any stream.