Department of Hindi, St. Philomena’s College (Autonomous), Mysore on September 14th 2019 organized Hindi Diwas programme with inaugural of Philo Hindi Club at Indoor stadium. 600 Hindi students of Under graduate and PUC were present on this auspicious occasion. The stage was occupied by chief guest Sri Nand Saraswath ji, writer and poet, Bangalore, special invitee Dr. G.R. choudhari, senior translator, DRDO Bangalor, Father Ronald Thomas Baros, Campus Administrator, St.Philomena’s college, PUC principal prof. Sunil D’Souza, Brother Dolphy and Dr Poornima A.P, HOD, Department of Hindi.
The programme was started with lightening the lamp by the dignitaries and invocation song by Hindi students. Hindi diwas wishes form Delhi, Agra, Bellari, Kochi, Bangalore and college premises were viewed in VT.
Father Ronald Thomas Baros along with dignitaries joined for inaugural of Philo Hindi Club.
Philo Hindi Club is having Four Board,
- Governing Board and Secretary
- Fr. Dr. Barnard Prakash Barnis, Rector/ Manager, St. Philomena’s college, Mysore
- Maria Xavier sunil, Vice Rector, St.Philomena’s college, Mysore
- Roxan Thomas Baros, Campus administrator, St. Philomena’s college, Mysore
- T. Ruth Shantha kumara, Principal, St.Philomena’s college, Mysore
- Vidyadhar Sanjay Nair, Vice Principal, St. Philomena’s college, Mysore
Dr.Poornima A.P, HOD, Department of Hindi, St. Philomena’s college,Mysore
- Advisory Board
- Sri Narendra singh Nihar, founder, Hindi ki gunj, Delhi
- Sri Paraman singh ji, Regional dicector, Kendriya Hindi sansthan, Mysore
- Vijayan, special officer, DBHPS, Kochi
- Sunil Tarun ji, Founder, Sahitya sangam, Bangalore
- Media Board
- Sri Pradeep Srivastava, Editor, Pranam paryatan, Uttar Pradesh
- Sri Dayashankar M gupta, Editor, Mera desh Mera vatan, Maharastra
- Sri Umesh Dwivedi, Editor, Yuva Gourav patrika, Kanpur
- Students Board
20 Hindi students will be selected as the members of Philo Hindi Club Every year
The Functions of the Philo Hindi Club will be
Philo Hindi Magazine
Diploma courses in Hindi
Sahityakaron ki jayanthi
Philo Hindi Helping hands
Chief Guest Nand Saraswat ji told that Technical usage of Hindi language is in third place. It is converted into Gujarati and Bhojpuri and many other languages due to political issues. when it comes to literature there are various kind of literature in Hindi. He mentioned that he being a poet he tries to convert the importance of Hindi through poetry. one must know Hindi in order to travel across the country. Students must know Hindi, as after their graduation for their further occupation in India.
Dr. G R Chaudhari said that Hindi was declared to be a national language and communication language in India. today in the is convinced to be a primary Language across the country. He mentioned that Hindi is most commonly used language after English. Not only in India over Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Maldives, Japan, America, Romania, Indonesia and 150 Plus countries do use Hindi in order to communicate. It is mother tongue of 48% of people in India and out of non Hindi speaking people 30% are capable of understanding Hindi and out of hundred at least 78% of people can communicate in Hindi at a speech. throughout India 500 million can speak in Hindi, 900 million can understand Hindi. He mentioned that International Hindi Sachivalaya came into existence in 2008 and in digital media the Hindi content available is 94% whereas the English content-available is 19% and 94% of teenagers professors in Hindi language over YouTube.